I tried answering about the fi

I tried answering about the fires, but hitting the “send” button isn’t working so my reply is stuck over there in pm’s.  

All I wrote was between the virus and the raging inferno fires, we considered it a bonafide apocalypse.  Except only one guy refused to evacuate and died, no other lives lost.  

My bf works at a lumber mill and it was surrounded with fire, but built so as to discourage fires jumping in, and it worked along with having people watching the edges days and night (those who could gain access).  It looks like an island with lumber piles surrounded by burnt brush and they said that you could hear huge trees crashing the entire time - super loud and too smoky to see much. 

We are in a reprieve now.  Hope it holds.  Fire can smolder down below ground in tree trunks and restart, so it’s called “contained” as of yesterday.  

glad to hear your ok. It felt it went on for so long. 

I know and it’s not “over” yet.  It’s “contained, but far from considered done and weather forecast is encouraging for more fires still.  Low humidity, high winds, high heat...

@Laurie Glad to hear you and your BF got through this safely!

So far, so good!  Thanks for the support!  InSense Botanical just texted power outage, and there’s already a fire north of here.  Hopefully everyone will ride this out with evacuation on or before it’s ordered!