AKA App Testing

EDIT:

AKA APP IS COMING TO ITUNES

I've been working on something and would appreciate it if some of you could become early testers. Please look up AKAKratom in in the Google play store, only applies to Android at this time.

Sorry, I'm on iPhone/iPad…..

Hey Biz, I have an app built out for IOS. We should have that approved in the next few days.

The good news is you don't have to miss out. It is also web accessible by going to https://akakratom.com

Just built out the FB login for it too, so if anyone can try that and let me know that would be great. We will be working on migrating all of your existing accounts and content here to our new platform.

Will this current desktop site remain at theakaforum.com with no changes? I usually use my iPad which doesn't really need a mobile app. Desktop works just fine.

@'Bizaro22':

Will this current desktop site remain at theakaforum.com with no changes? I usually use my iPad which doesn't really need a mobile app. Desktop works just fine.

Will is aware that I Admin the forum on a Mac using the desktop version so it is my understanding that, yes, the desktop version will remain intact. Without it, I would not be able to properly Admin TAF. The addition of a mobile version is something we have been discussing over the past year because it will make it far easier for all of our members who use mobile devices.

So, no worries, as far as I know …  🆒

@admin said in AKA App Testing:

Just built out the FB login for it too, so if anyone can try that and let me know that would be great. We will be working on migrating all of your existing accounts and content here to our new platform.

Yes sir, absolutely. Hopefully you received an email notifying you of my post. Once you do click forgot password and reset it over email please.

Post back once you get online, cheers biz!

I'm in, but not sure how I feel about the changes. Any way to make it look like before or do it just try to get used to this? I'm on an iPad so desktop version is what I'm looking for. Let me play around for a bit.

If you go to settings https://akakratom.com/user/admin/settings

There are like 20 different skins you can check out. Let me know if you settle on a favourite.

The main thing with any forum for me is how do you see new posts only or go directly to the newest post within a thread?

I understand. It's different and it's going to take us all some time to adjust. What I can tell you is this allows us to push the forum through as the official AKA App and we might see a bunch of new faces here as this will be included in future AKA emails.

Good question. https://akakratom.com/recent this shows all the threads by most recent

Understood. I'm old and hate changes...lol! I'll figure it out. I see the new post icon at the top. Not sure yet if it takes you to the newest posts within that thread tho.

I see what you mean. I'll work on that, probably something to do with the migration of all the posts. We will get that fixed, so it scrolls down to the latest post rather than sit at the top where the older ones are. I'm also thinking i'll add some text to explain the icons at the top. Appreciate the feedback

I was just going to suggest text as the icons are not easily understood. But yes, going directly to the new posts or where you left off last time within a thread is key for a well functioning forum. Fix that and this will work for me.

Also, will all admins just say admin? Right now I'm don't know who's talking to me, or which admin but I assume it's Will.

If you're the only one, then that works as I do see Itza's name as moderator

Nope lol, it's will. Had to merge my account so it reset most of my profile.

Lol.....gotcha

Do you prefer the darker themes? They are easier on the eyes.

I'll get around to testing themes and let you know. Can't spend too much time right now.

Is there a special version for ios or is this universal to everyone?

FYI....I'd cut my head off before logging in ANYWHERE with my FB login....lol!

There an app for iOS we will be releasing it in around a week or so.

I don't blame you. It's not there for us types bit the people who have a hard time using anything but Facebook. We want them here too

Biggest reason to install the app are the instant notifications. But you can access the forum on either the web or app. Easy as possible

Cool. Sounds good. Find a way to get to where you last left off in a thread and you're pretty much set. Good luck and I'll play around over the next day or so.