Must watch video! M Marks, MD,JD

• Oregon AKA for Kratom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZISoU0cOeeg.

Yale medical school fellow Mason Marks MD,JD recent lecture on the challenges Kratom faces both from a law and science standpoint. It is worth every second to know all the angles we are facing as advocates. One of the best 45 minutes I have spent as a advocate.

• administrator

One of the best videos I have ever watched.
    Thanks, Aegis!

• administrator

@'TheAegis':

Yale medical school fellow Mason Marks MD,JD recent lecture on the challenges Kratom faces both from a law and science standpoint. It is worth every second to know all the angles we are facing as advocates. One of the best 45 minutes I have spent as a advocate.

Loved every minute of it

• administrator

@'Dijon Evans':

Loved every minute of it

I agree, Dijon, I LOV this guy!

And to think that he created this video entirely on his own, no coercion or even a friendly invite. He felt strongly compelled ON HIS OWN to create this video with no hidden agenda. In this day & age, that is a rare & precious gift to all of us in the kratom community.

• @'TheAegis':

Hey Aegis, Just to double check, but the video cut off after about 13 min and you said, "best 45 minutes you've spent…"? Is there more than 13 minutes to watch?
    Thanks
    Funny

• Oregon AKA for Kratom

@'FunnyGermanGirl':

Hey Aegis, Just to double check, but the video cut off after about 13 min and you said, "best 45 minutes you've spent…"? Is there more than 13 minutes to watch?
    Thanks
    Funny

Youtube Video

This is the full lecture for medical students. I must have grabbed the cut down version. Some people have snipped out the areas not directly connected to Kratom, but I actually found the whole overview to be informative. Even when he talks about other botanicals the knowledge and hurdles apply to us. It is actually over an hour but the last is questions and answer session that you may or may not find helpful. I watched the entirety and thought it was great all the way through but others might only like the body of the lecture while others only the sections directly attributed to kratom. I would like to hear your opinion as well. I am a more knowledge is better guy, and the overview is inportant in my mind.

• Aegis, thanks so much for sharing the whole video of Mason Marks, MD, JD. We just finished watching it, including the question and answers to a room full of law students. A complimentary Yale lecture; entertaining, fascinating and riveting. Extremely stimulating on an educational level to both me and my husband. Powerful information! As you said, more knowledge is better, and in this case makes makes me feel hopeful. My take-away: We at the AKA need to come up with enough donation moneys to hire a host of the best attorneys available to fight the FDA on the levels Mr. Mason has suggested. Maybe we could even interest a volunteer group of passionate Yale law students to join the cause? Whatever we do, we REALLY need Dr. Henningfield to stay very healthy and well, so he can testify for us at the Supreme Court, should the time arise! 😉

Gosh, we are at such a great advantage having his research available to us, as opposed to other FDA endangered/scheduled botanicals, where a luminary such as our expert scientist Dr. Henningfield was not available to advocacy groups. I also found it reassuring how Mr. Marks, in his matter-of-fact, unemotional, rational demeanor, complimented the American Kratom Association, believing that we show great promise.

Again, thanks a million for posting the video!
    Smiles
    Funny

• administrator

Thanks, Funny, for noticing that this was the shorter version & Thank You Aegis for grabbing the full version. It is so worth watching the full, uncut, version.

• Oregon AKA for Kratom

@'FunnyGermanGirl':

Aegis, thanks so much for sharing the whole video of Mason Marks, MD, JD. We just finished watching it, including the question and answers to a room full of law students. A complimentary Yale lecture; entertaining, fascinating and riveting. Extremely stimulating on an educational level to both me and my husband. Powerful information! As you said, more knowledge is better, and in this case makes makes me feel hopeful. My take-away: We at the AKA need to come up with enough donation moneys to hire a host of the best attorneys available to fight the FDA on the levels Mr. Mason has suggested. Maybe we could even interest a volunteer group of passionate Yale law students to join the cause? Whatever we do, we REALLY need Dr. Henningfield to stay very healthy and well, so he can testify for us at the Supreme Court, should the time arise! 😉

Gosh, we are at such a great advantage having his research available to us, as opposed to other FDA endangered/scheduled botanicals, where a luminary such as our expert scientist Dr. Henningfield was not available to advocacy groups. I also found it reassuring how Mr. Marks, in his matter-of-fact, unemotional, rational demeanor, complimented the American Kratom Association, believing that we show great promise.

Again, thanks a million for posting the video!
    Smiles
    Funny

I agree, some might think it was dry but as you said it was riveting for me! To see someone using kratom as an example to a room full of law and medical students at Yale taught by a harvard MD/JD was amazing. Mason Marks is a very interesting person and Henningfield is truly a gem also you should look at Marc Swoggers work as his work is quite impressive as well as McCurdy. But I agree that it might take some more radical action in the judicial arena before we are done. I am reasured that there are lawyers who are also doctors like Mason Marks that might be a leader in our future. That is why I am amazed at the people I have seen in this fight, doctors with law degrees, award winning PHDs famous epidymiologists and toxicologists working with us to fight the good fight.