OMG this woman is nuts.

• administrator

@bluewolf
    Yes, Blue. The media is & has been being used as a tool for those who want to ban kratom. If you read enough of these hysterical articles that are full of "opinions", "hyperbole", "assumptions" & "hearsay"; you will see a pattern of similarly phrased untruths launched against our precious Leaf in nearly every article ... PLUS, you will see NO actual facts presented to support their claims. Why?
    Because these "similar phrases" come from one familiar "source" & the ultimate goal from this "source" is ... to deny us (along with ALL Americans) the freedom to choose FOR OURSELVES by demonizing kratom. Making kratom illegal will give this "source" control over BOTH; us as well as our precious Leaf. 0_1549494186542_gumm.gif

Additionally, making kratom illegal will drive many in our kratom community, back under the control of big pharma, the True Master of the "source" who is working so desperately hard against us.

Guess What??? Acting together, the kratom community is far more Powerful, far Stronger than this "source" realized. In fact, working Together we are, literally, a Force of Nature!!! 0_1549494250571_sweet.gif

• @bluewolf @ska

Hi folks:

I read this the other day. I believe this is the article about the store in Mississippi in which the husband had developed a $600-800 / week Kratom habit (my wife passed this to me for my morning reading pleasure).

In at least two states, from personal knowledge, I can buy 1/2 kilogram of either Borneo or MD for around $100. That lasts me month(s), because I take a therapeutic dose of about 2 grams/day.

So at that cost consumption rate assuming the $100/kg (and unless the price of Kratom in Mississippi is absurdly inflated, which would be a bit odd given the general level of prices of everything in Mississippi), this guy would be downing about 6-8 kg of Kratom per week. This guy would be putting on tons of weight (1kg = 2.2lb), if he could even keep the stuff down. If he is doing 'toss and wash' then he might be hyper-hydrated too. At a minimum, he would be miserable, and that is if he wasn't suffering from an intestinal blockage. Once I got to this point in the article, I kind of stopped....is he hospitalized? I think he wife was divorcing him because of his habit....

....it doesn't take a mathematician.....something is rotten in Denmark here.

AKA - Follow the science.

Steve

• administrator

@the_professor lol
    I'm happy to hear that your morning was started off with so much as absurdity πŸ™„ jk!
    The amounts that people want to say they spend, and use when "something goes bad is just that! ABSURD.
    IF, and I must say IF, as I do not know, but STRONGLY suspect that there was previous addiction issue, and Unfortunately they relapsed. Were ashamed, too much so, to admit it and ask for help.
    I was fortunate enough not to deal with becoming addicted to my meds.
    BUT!!!
    THAT WAS MORE THAN LIKELY DUE TO THE FACT THAT I WAS VERY VERY AWARE of my genealogy, and that just about EVERY family member that I have/ or had; had SERIOUS ALCOHOL issues !
    Growing up with alcoholic parents, aunts, uncles, my paternal grandfather ( my grandmother BEING A MAJOR CONTROL F R E A K AND SECRET KEEPER. AND BELIEVE ME- ENFORCER!) AND because I was fortunate enough to have some very good, and encouraging mentors.. and as my daughter says, " Mom, you're such a nerdπŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ πŸ™„"..
    I don't know how many times I said to myself each day, "I AM NEVER GOING TO BE LIKE THEM"...
    ALSO
    A BIG PART, was that my father was a police officer. I have never slept well... sleeping was never safe. Unless I was with my maternal grandma... but she died when I was 12.
    Ooohhh I AM SOOOOO BAD AT TANGENTS... LOL ... Hard to follow at times
    ... ugh
    Stay on point dufus.
    Ok, when my father would come home at night, telling my mom about the horrors that he faced...mid 60's - 90's specifically..
    Due to drugs, people thinking that they could fly, seriously hurt, or had hurt others, and .. well just imagine that time period.. San Francisco/ Hayward Ca..
    Granted, I was Always supposed to be asleep, as the details unfolded... I wasn't. πŸ™„...

Invading nightmares/ terrors have Unfortunately followed me, but not just from the stories.
    So, all of that, just literally had me, "SCARED STRAIGHT!!"...eeesh, I have gone so far off track, I forgot my point for a couple of minutes...
    That, and I may have just got myself put in Zuckerberg jail. 🀬🀬🀬🀬🀬🀬🀬

OMG UGH...
    THANK YOU AKA, FOR MAKING THIS ANDROID FRIENDLY ( @ska & @will ❣)

YEAH, I am considering just deleting this, as I cannot even get my train of thought back.
    Needing to retrain my brain to use different areas, and pathways is not a friendly thing towards me lately. But I am used to challenges.
    So as off track, tangents everywhere, please excuse me for those, as I am learning my way around my brain!
    I have been told, no matter the frustration. No matter how wrong I think something may be, ( SO HARD, when you're a perfectionist!), that I need to follow through with ( the task at hand), so I can see it later, and process whatever the information was, that I was attempting to relay..
    Oh I feel myself TENSING up, and frustrated mounting.
    Lol
    Please excuse me... I feel a serious RANT coming, but only due to my frustration and the major battle of deleting vs leaving this.I can always come back and delete it.. lol, right..
    Oh embarrassment.. πŸ€¬πŸ™„πŸ€¬πŸ™„

• administrator

@the_professor
    "... is he hospitalized? I think he wife was divorcing him because of his habit....
    ....it doesn't take a mathematician.....something is rotten in Denmark here.
    "

Yes, indeed, Professor, we are in complete agreement. Consider this as well; I have read THIS STORY a number of times over the years. The names are changed, the location is different & the "$$$ amount" differs but it is still THE SAME STORY.
    Additionally, THIS STORY just "happens" to appear in locations that are considering kratom bans. Hmmm ... 0_1549567036740_smokin.gif

The first time I saw THIS STORY, I too, tried to do the math & no, it does not add up & it never will. Why? Having tried to do the math you have already figured out that for one person to consume the amount of kratom that is being claimed is nearly impossible AND to attempt to do so, the person would be permanently praying to the porcelain god.

Now, there is one theory that I have read several times over the years & I believe it is the point you are making, Professor. However, I will elaborate on it for clarification, ok?
    Drug addict uses kratom to wean off his/her DOC; Spouse &/or family are proud; Unfortunately, drug addict misses the "high" of his/her DOC so begins to use again; DOC's are usually very expensive; The huge amounts of $$$ spent to feed his/her "need" are, of course, noticed; Rather than admit the truth, drug addict does what drug addicts do, LIES & "claims" the large amount of $$$ was spent on kratom.

THIS STORY may have originated from the lie of a drug addict but, again, I find it highly suspect that THIS STORY surfaces whenever a location is considering a kratom ban, don't you? 0_1549566902856_yumm.gif

• administrator

@ska lol... jynx!! Were we writing that at the same time?
    Huh sis?

Thank you for clearly stating what I was struggling to do.
    Yeeeeeee gaaaaaaaads
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
    ☝️my mouth.. πŸ™„, while my brain is taking a VACATION, Or some πŸ’©.. 😢

I don't think that I have ever asked.. nvm
    I'll do so soon

Lol I have to get my head in a student zone SOME FRIGGING HOW, AS I have an awesome teacher, who is going to be teaching me valuable skills soon❣

• @dijon-evans @ska @BlueWolf

Hi my friends!!!!

I have a couple of points (teachers think in points, sorry...bad habit):

1. I made a math error in my message, at $100 per 1/2 kg, husband's $600-800 'Kratom' habit would translate to 3-4 kg / week. I guess it does take a mathematician to sort out my mistakes lol πŸ™‚ (I wish I could have found one on short notice, wait...I am supposed to be one....my bad) btw...I think your collective speculation about the nature of those expenditures is likely correct.

2. Dijon, you are too hard on yourself! Your messages are beautiful, because they are from your heart and they are all YOU and that is GOOD. There is nothing wrong with your brain, you are great in my estimation.

3. Since I am also part physicist, unparse this riddle.... something is still rottrino in Denmark πŸ™‚

Steve

PS - All good outlines have 3 points.

• administrator

@the_professor thank you for your kind words!!
    They mean a lot.
    This challenge has been tripping me up some, but I will get over it.. ❀

• cool

@the_professor When considering price, especially when you read articles like the one above, you can almost guarantee the person was buying super expensive pills from a Head Shop or gas station. And most likely an extract, which is even more expensive. You can spend $100 on just ten pills at some places. While I agree the price and outcome was most definitely exaggerated, it can get extremely expensive if this is how you obtain your Kratom. And if you go down the route of only extracts, you might as well be taking Rx pills. The outcome can and will be similar. That's why we only advocate for plain leaf and that's why most places like that give our leaf a bad name and reputation.

• administrator

@bizaro22 said in OMG this woman is nuts.:

@the_professor When considering price, especially when you read articles like the one above, you can almost guarantee the person was buying super expensive pills from a Head Shop or gas station. And most likely an extract, which is even more expensive. You can spend $100 on just ten pills at some places. While I agree the price and outcome was most definitely exaggerated, it can get extremely expensive if this is how you obtain your Kratom. And if you go down the route of only extracts, you might as well be taking Rx pills. The outcome can and will be similar. That's why we only advocate for plain leaf and that's why most places like that give our leaf a bad name and reputation.

0_1549671027522_yeh.that.gif 0_1549671220613_yeh.that.gif 0_1549671241939_yeh.that.gif

As always, Your point is well-made & I agree with you completely, Biz ... 0_1549671387512_cat.juggling.gif

ETA: Unfortunately, because I am so highly opposed to extracts, pre-capped kratom & smoke shop/gas station kratom I forget to consider that into my thoughts. I do stand by my original point that THIS STORY tends to come out in some form when a location (state, city, county) is considering action against kratom 0_1549671691141_flirt.gif

• cool

@ska
    No, you are exactly correct Ska. This is the exactly the same type of story normally told and exaggerated whenever someone or someplace wants to demonize Kratom. And usually it's told by a spouse or relative who just doesn't want to admit their loved one is a complete idiot and did this to themselves by making very poor and uninformed choices. It's like if someone chugs twenty 5-hour energy drinks. I mean, only an idiotic and uninformed person would do that, but you don't blame 5-energy, you blame the idiot in that case.

• @the_professor bolded textitalicised text
    This guy must have a hell of a tolerance to Kratom! He probably used other drugs like that! That much would kill me! I can’t do more than 1/2 tsp at a time. I have to use oblates because doing toss n wash makes me puke! Every Time! I guess the world is made up of every kind of people!

• @denise-hicks

Hi Ms. Hicks:

I agree with you. Something is definitely not right. Thanks for your comments. Nice to meet you!

Steve