CHLOROSIS ... cured in on

CHLOROSIS ...

cured in one set of leaves, real quick!

these new leaves are a deep happy green, compared to the yellow sickly looking leaves that preceded. They are a dramatic contrast indeed. 

The pH was an alkaline~ish 8.0-8.5 before acidifying it with black Kow to a more tropical rainforesty 6.0 pH. The composted manure is similar to the decomposing organic matter rich vegetational floor of a jungle in more than pH alone. 

This new set of nice leaves took 2-3 weeks to reflect the newly available nutrients.  Having the right pH is essential for the efficient absorption of essential elements needed for healthy growth. About 6~7, or slightly acidic, seems to be the sweet spot here in Florida.  YMMV

How are the pH experiences from our KWD members that grow?

last edited by peteypyro

I always adjust the pH of everything that goes into my kratom plants to around 6. Highly recommend the General Hydroponic pH Control kit. Comes with everything you need to test and adjust pH.

https://generalhydroponics.com/ph-buffers

last edited by pete2000

@pete2000 Thank you for this chart. Its very helpful.  Sort of confirms my suspicions that kratom likes it a bit on the acidic side. Just a little 😉

I think under 6 is likely best as rainforests typically have very acidic soil. I see a lot of people on kratom growing forums quoting 5.6 and 5.8 as ideal. 

Unless you’re using a pH meter it’s hard to get that exact. I’m too lazy to calibrate mine each time lol. 

I can never get my pH to balance where I want it to be. It's always either too acidic or too alkaline. my babies are going to get some black cow this morning

@roadkill said:

<p> I can never get my pH to balance where I want it to be. It's always either too acidic or too alkaline. my babies are going to get some black cow this morning</p>

'When in doubt, Have a black kow'